View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
There was a large lot of negatives that was listed several years ago that I believe was from the estate of Jim Rowe. It might have had a complete listing, but I can't recall. You've got my curiosity up now though as I hadn't considered that before.

Other than that, there are the one-sheet "catalogs" that Burke produced, but which only cover his years of activity. I have one, and have photos of another that Ben was kind enough to provide, that list the major leaguer players and team combinations that were active and who Burke photographed. They don't cover George Brace's decades of activity though, or the minor leaguers and older "old time player" photos that they reshot and reproduced. Some of the Brace era players were listed on the bracephoto website when it was active, but not all.

Presumably (hopefully) Rogers had all of the negatives scanned before selling them, but if so, the complete "catalog" of images was never made available to the public (to my knowledge), and the archive of scans may or may not be housed on one of the hard drives that he broke back into his offices to retrieve. I'm not sure if those hard drives were ever produced during the trials, or what their status is now. I'm sure that whoever wins the Conlon collection would love to not have to re-scan all of those negatives!
Hi,

I also have an original Burke Checklist. My checklist is numbered from 1 - 825. I am not sure how old this one is, but my guess would be prior to 1936. I say that because a player that I was hoping would be listed on this list isn't on the list and his first Burke photo was in 1936 when he played for the Columbus Red Birds and St. Louis Cardinals.

I would be interested in knowing how high the numbers go on yours and Ben's checklists. I'd be interested in possibly trading for a more recent checklist if it has the name of the particular player that I desire to have on the list.

If there is a need, I do have my checklist scanned...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg George Burke Checklist 1 - 825 (small).jpg (75.8 KB, 304 views)

Last edited by Keith_Loving; 09-02-2016 at 01:34 PM. Reason: added Geo. Burke checklist