Thread: Blockchain
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 02:21 PM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think privacy would be an issue for many collectors too. I know that if I had a million dollar collection I would have no interest in letting anyone else know about it. Why would I opt to have my information attached to cards in a database that's searchable? Wouldn't that put a target on my back?
Blockchain doesn't actually imply full disclosure. It just facilitates it if the platform wants to go that way. For example, the blockchain behind Bitcoin is transparent in that anyone can see the balance of any Bitcoin wallet. But you don't get to see the name associated with that wallet. What you can see is the number associated with the bitcoin wallet (e.g. the account number).

In fact there are researchers that follow the bitcoin wallets associated with Spam emails to see how many people fall for them. They can see the balance in the wallet on the Blockchain but not who owns the wallet.

If you use the PSA registry.... Its a similar principle. You can see the cards in a registry, but not who owns it.