Thread: Blockchain
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 03:42 PM
Frank Wakefield

Secondly, if enough people want blockchain security on slabbed card ownership for transfer purposes, then someone will step in to provide that if there's money to me made. Although it would still leave slab tampering to sidestep that security, which means that folks would see advancements in slab tampering technology. If the day comes when that blockchain protection is in use, I'll not be someone who pays to use it. The vast majority of graded cards that I buy are busted out; how are they gonna 'blockchain' that?

Firstly, it reminds me of a current beer commercial, maybe Budweiser, where the person tasting the beer is wired to a polygraph machine, and the operator proclaims that he's told the truth about the beer... and then we see that the polygraph operator is wired up to another polygraph machine with a separate polygraph operator who then proclaims that the first operator was telling the truth about the beer drinker telling the truth.

Thirdly, for some collectors of graded cards, those collectors would have much bigger, more vast, better collections if they'd have spent all of that slab money on more ungraded cards, and had developed some skill at assessing potential cards themselves.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 05-12-2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: fixin' hillbilly grammer...