View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 08:24 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzoumanian View Post
I'm of the opinion that it is only fair to wait and see. Yes, when you listen to that Don West youtube segment posted earlier you can't help but think of Mr. Goldin as a huckster. But people mature, change and evolve.
IF the show actually gets on the air it comes with a huge responsibility. The news release doesn't make it clear what the show will be like on a regular basis. Here's my biggest concern. I've read a couple of "behind the scenes" articles about reality shows. One point that comes up is the producers wanting to interject what I will call "false conflict" to keep people watching.
I just hope that if the producers sit down with Mr. Goldin and ask him to say or do something that he knows is downright unethical that he has the intestinal fortitude to say, "No. I won't go there. That is wrong and not what the hobby is all about." I am sure he will be asked to cross a line. How he reacts in these producer meetings (that we will never see) will be critical. I think it's fair to say we've all been tested at some point in our lives when it comes to our personal ethics. I can only hope that Mr. Goldin doesn't let the hobby down. We shall see.
As a writer, maybe they can reach out to you for some plots twits and advice

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors