View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 03:26 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I'm saying that card will not '4'. It will probably '2'...the winning bidder thinks it will '2' and would be pleased with a '3' grade. Based upon where they got the cards from, let's hope the cards grade at all. Not a knock against Candiman, but their relatives were pure shysters. No, I'm not a professional grader, but I have sent enough cards to PSA that I know what they look for.
In response to the previous poster you replied to, I would say yeah, they over graded the card. I see 0% of a chance it will grade a 4. The corners are just too rounded. I bid and paid figuring I would be okay if it graded a 2, but hopeful for a 2.5 or 3. I'd be shocked and very happy if it sees a 3.5, but that is not my expectation. The chipping, the wrinkle, the rounding corners, etc all fit within PSA's guidelines for a 3. But add them all up and it could easily see a 2 or 2.5 because it is well centered and the surface and color is actually pretty nice.

I will certainly report back when I get it back from PSA, but unfortunately that's probably 3 months from now. Of course there is worry it doesn't grade. If it doesn't then we will truly see if they will back their words.