View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Banned

Default Candiman Auctions Explained

Hey guys,

My name is Daniel and along with my brother Justin, we are the owners of Candiman Auctions. We are a new auction house and our first auction ends this Saturday, March 10th. I was informed last night that our company was being discussed on the forum. I spoke at length with Leon Luckey on the phone earlier today and asked for his advice. His advice was to start this thread.

Based on posts on this forum and other phone calls & emails I have received, I understand that people have concerns that we are associated with the eBay seller "Battlefield". We want to be upfront and honest with everyone about our association with them. We are related to the owners as I'm sure everyone on here already suspected based on our last name. I want to start out by saying that we completely disavow eBay seller "Battlefield". We do not in any way, shape, or form support their actions on eBay over the past several years. We find their actions despicable and we advised them to shut down their business because their reputation in the collecting community has been completely destroyed and no true collector would ever want to deal with them. They have consigned their remaining inventory to us and shut down their eBay operation. We were happy to take on their remaining inventory and get them out of the collecting industry for good. They actually have a lot of high quality items and if they had done things honestly, I believe they could have been successful. Not everything in our auction is their inventory. We have about 25 total consignors for this auction.

Regarding the items in our auction that we have identified as "Authentic" in the title and descriptions, we believe those cards have been altered and would likely only receive a grade of "Authentic" if submitted to any of the major grading companies. I know Battlefield was notorious for purchasing trimmed or altered cards and breaking them out of the holders and then reselling them as high grade examples on eBay. There is no excuse for that kind of activity and participating in that kind of activity is shameful. We have made every effort to identify any and all cards in our auction that appear to be trimmed or altered. If for some reason a card we haven't identified as altered is submitted for grading and comes back as such we would encourage the buyer to return the card and a full refund would be given.

We want to completely disassociate ourselves and our company from the terrible name that Battlefield has made for themselves in the collecting community. We are NOT like them. We have worked hard to provide high quality images and descriptions of all of the items in our auction. I hope you guys give us a chance and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this post. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me through PM or post to this thread.

Thanks,

Daniel & Justin