View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I think modern needs fewer sets (like 1-3) with solid production qualities at a good value. I think maybe something like one affordable base set and one premium set with inserts. And of course, both of them should be issued with reasonable supply and not over-produced. I'm still a fan of factory sets, and I don't think they caused the downfall of cards. Factory sets were around in the 80s when the craze was still going on. I think it was the over supply and bubble issues. Right now as previous posters have said, buying a wax pack is too expensive. For the price of 2 wax packs, you can go see a movie . You can rent a video game at Redbox for a couple of bucks. Kids these days much prefer that option to cards. Regarding inserts, adult collectors still love these. You can see the pack ripping threads on other boards to see the popularity of these, so there is still demand. However, there can't be too many sets where you have no idea what the yearly checklist is and what sets are out there.