View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Default Modern cards

Hello all,

before i became obsessed with t206 freaks, i used to love to collect bowman, bowman chrome (all the rookies) ......i also collected griffey and have a few 89 ud that i had bought off ebay....griffey jr was my fav player with that sweet swing!!....about 15 or so years ago i bought a few 89 upper deck packs from a local card shop (when we had one),on one of my bdays.... and asked my gma (who had passed away rest her soul around that time), to let me pull a pristine griffey out of one of those $15 packs, i DID, and still have the card...that card means alot to me....when i was a kid i would love to watch Sr griffey pops play ball....(don't get me wrong, i'm an east coast man and a die hard yankee fan, but i admired other players back in the 70's thru 90's......i liked bad vlad, pujols, jeter, and a few other "modern players" and a few others even when i was in my 20's).....as a kid watching yankee games , young adult and now, but it has changed for me.....

i agree with Bob and Alan.......players of today(there are a minute few humble players as an exception), are little bitches!! Ty cobb would've beat a spike into their wussie heads

baseball players of today are just money hungry , egotistical cry babies!!!

THERE!!!

i said it....

Please don't kick my axx c..c. sabathia

i wish baseball was played like baseball and unfortunately, we will never c the good ol' day but live it thru cardboard...

my 2 cents thanks for listening to me ramble....

Peace