View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Default Page 15

The research chugs along….

Page 15 hosts the last two Oshita bromides (upper right and middle left). I particularly like the pose on the latter as it reminds me of one of the great American hitters but I can’t quite place it.

The rest of the page is composed of some of Oshita’s fellow Flyers. Given the rosters I could find for the Flyers, I suspect a number of these bromides are 1948 (most of the album seems to be 1947), as at least one of the players didn’t join the franchise until 1948. Three cards (upper left, bottom center, and bottom right) are marked Yoshie without any first name. Clearly the player is a pitcher so I’m assuming the card must be of Eishiro Yoshie, an obscure pitcher with only three seasons on record, 1948 and 1949 with the Flyers and a partial 1950 season with the Giants. Other than the fact that Yoshie was born in Vancouver, Canada and only moved to Japan for high school and university, I can’t find any information about him. The upper left card also reads Kaneda in its right-hand margin, but I think that's just part of the next card that was miscut.

Other Flyers include Yoshie’s fellow pitcher and also outfielder Tajo Hitokoto (upper center and middle right) and catcher Keiichiro Suzuki (middle center and bottom left). Like Yoshie, Hitokoto had a brief career (1946 with the Senators, ’47 and ’48 with the Flyers, and finally 1950 with the Braves). Suzuki, on the other hand, spent his entire eleven year career with the Flyers (and its predecessor, the Senators).

After this page, I think we are ready to move on from the Flyers….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bromide page 15 smaller.jpg (80.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 15 ML.jpg (77.2 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 15 UL.jpg (74.6 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 15 MM.jpg (71.7 KB, 189 views)