View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 12:04 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Default Page 12

Well, my research break was shorter than planned thanks to Jeff's generous help. The knowledge lurking on this board never fails to impress me....

Page 12 of the album begins with some familiar faces from Page 11. In the upper left is Giichiro Shiraki along with (and this may be wrong as I am having a tough time reading it) Maeda, although embarrassingly I can’t find them on the same roster so am not sure of the year. Probably a dumb oversight on my part. [Thanks to Jeff, I now know this is again Hisanori Karita] To the right of that bromide are two cards of Shigeaki Kuroo on the Flyers.

The second row begins on the left with a player that reads (to me) as Minagawa, but I am not sure who that is. Any ideas? [Sadayuki Minagawa, shortstop 1948] To the upper center is a miniature card with no text (and as a result I have no idea!) and to the far upper right another card of Maeda? [Actually it is Hisanori Karita] Again, I find it hard to read. In the middle row below that are cards of Oshita and what I take to be Eikichi Nagamochi, a player I don’t come across often.

The bottom two cards are also Hiroshi Oshita, one of my favorite players. But I will have more on that for the next page in the album.

The bromides appear to be 1947 or 1948 issues (based on uniforms and the like), which is consistent with this album generally which I am guessing was put together by the original owner in late 1948 or 1949.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bromide page 12 smaller.jpg (80.7 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 12 UL.jpg (76.1 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 12 MM.jpg (64.0 KB, 198 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 12 MR.jpg (72.4 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg Bromide page 12 MBM.jpg (71.5 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by Frankish; 09-30-2021 at 07:21 AM.