View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 04:32 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanbb View Post
Great purchase! I sometimes have difficulty finding cards in my own guide. It's not easy. I sympathize with everyone's frustration over all the bromide sets that haven't made it into the guide yet. I have over 100 partial bromide sets in my collection for which I don't yet have enough examples for inclusion. The good news is that there will be more than a dozen newly entered bromide sets in Version 3.0, which I hope to publish next summer.

Most of the cards that you have pictured in this thread seem to be from JBR 36, JBR 73, JBR 109, JBR 114, and a set produced by Marusaka in 1947 similar to their 1948 JBR 19 set, and which will be included in the next guide edition. Of course there are a few cards that you pictured which remain uncatalogued.

I'm glad to see so much recent interest in Vintage Japanese cards. I will continue to publish new editions of the guide as long as people remain interested.
Thanks, Gary! I'm just getting into bromides and really enjoying it. While I started with menko and find their designs more interesting, there is an austere beauty to the bromide cards.

Anyway, your guide must be a real labor of love. I have dozens of obscure menko (and an unknown number of bromides) that aren't catalogued yet, though you are probably aware of most of them. I can only imagine how many cards and images you have in your files waiting for a given set to have enough specimens for inclusion in a future checklist....