Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 02:01 PM

Default Elite collectors????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDave View Post
So this was the write-up Aaron gave on this board back in Octover 2019:

I am the President of the company and handle all auction operations. For those of you that I do not know, I was the Senior Auction Coordinator at Steiner Auctions and have been an active collector since the 1980s. My personal collection has gone down many roads, but currently focuses on Tinker, Evers and Chance.

The owners of Crazy Uncle are a small group of elite collectors, none of whom work in the hobby. They have participated in every major auction in the hobby since the early 1990's. The principal owner is a business executive at a prominent company who prior to his professional career was a top distributor of cards for Topps and a mid-century set builder/seller - the kind you all remember from the back of the trade magazines. He has personally bought and sold nearly 3,000,000 baseball cards in his life.

We are located at 175 Varick Street in Manhattan and available to meet in the Tri-State area or at the office by appointment. We have our warehouse in White Plains, NY.

So my question is........can anyone decipher or crack the code as to who this principal owner could be???

How do become an “elite collector”. Carpal tunnel from sorting cards? What does that term even mean?