View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 03:13 PM
Tho.mas L Sau.nders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Other than that, Thomas, it's good? Thank you for taking the time, very helpful.
I mean it could be real, I think it is possible (very very slim), but I highly doubt it

I will add that this was authenticated before Kevin Keating joined PSA (that might carry some weight with some folks on here)

I personally regard JSA higher than PSA and they also passed it for Heritage according to their description in 2015, I dont know if anyone has pointed that out but should be noted as well and would go in the green flag side you could say. Im sure Spence himself examined it and I would love to hear his breakdown of why he passed it.

Personally I think Frank Smith wrote it all with the intent of creating a facsimile signature and probably had access to something Joe Jackson actually did sign and did his best to replicate it...maybe a 1910 or 1911 contract stored at the stadium or maybe a permission release for use of his image in print (seems reasonable that given 3-4 years of practice he would have been able to write his name by 1911).

But looking at it in person and examining it for sure would help (as would ink analysis) and you have to acknowledge that PSA and JSA had that advantage.

Last edited by ThomasL; 10-14-2021 at 03:31 PM.