View Single Post
Old 03-14-2022, 02:45 PM

Default Long-time collector Bruce Schleif

Just received a message from a fellow board member in regards to the passing of longtime collector Bruce Schleif.

Bruce and I had collected and traded, cards and coins together, since the 1980's. Dealers and collectors will remember his ability to find stuff at shows that no once knew was even in the building. And he drove a hard bargain when buying or trading

He loved tough type cards and oddball items. He was an old school collector through and through, collected about everything known to man. Tin toys, coins, advertising, stamps, cards, and much more. Like most old-time collectors, Bruce loved to trade, he would rather do a trade than buy or sell.

I was very fortunate to be able to see the bulk of his collection in my various trips to his house, but I doubt I ever saw the entirety, each time he would bring out a new binder or box and surprise me.

He made the trek to most Nationals and was a kid in a candy store...he could not wait to show me his new finds from the floor and trades with other collectors. When he talked of his finds, you could feel the time and energy he spent with every story, he just really loved the hunt!!

So long Bruce....

Last edited by sb1; 03-14-2022 at 03:59 PM.