View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Default 1914 CrackerJack Cobb???????

Posted By: warshawlaw

Many of the posts here assume PSA got it right--I don't make that assumption. Assuming the seller's story is true, isn't it possible that PSA misdiagnosed the condition of these cards?

I see from the prior posts that there was only 1 SGC 50 Cobb per the pop report and the story then changed to it maybe being a 40 not a 50. The listing clearly states it was a 50. That ringing sound you hear is a warning chime. Anyone here really believe that the seller can't remember whether it was a vg or vg-ex card, when the difference is hundreds or thousands of dollars? I don't know the seller but it doesn't ring true with me.

Yes, we do go after people for sloppy listings as well as overtly fraudulent ones. I happen to think a heightened level of care in listing as well as scrutiny in analyzing is appropriate when dealing with large ticket items. If sellers are honest and up front about things, we publish that too. If they are combative, evasive and mealy-mouthed in response to questions, it gives you a pretty good idea of what they are all about. Again, I'd rather know if someone offering high profile cards for sale is a weasel than not know.