View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 09:35 AM
Alan Strout

I've finally crossed something of my want list, sort of.

My collection for me has always been about collecting what I enjoy versus worrying about future value. That's probably why I get most of my 8x10 photos personalized.

I've mentioned in several posts that one of my collecting goals is to have photos, preferably head shots, of everyone to ever play for the Orioles, pictured in an Orioles uniform. Up until now, one guy has always eluded me.

John Buzhardt had a nice major league career with the White Sox and several other teams. In 1967, Buzhardt played briefly for the Orioles and to my knowledge no photos of him in an Orioles uniform have ever popped up. The Orioles don't even have any photos of him. While I prefer original items in my collection and not copies/reprints, sometimes you have to make an exception, if an item doesn't exist. See post #175 about my customized Hartland statue of Luis Aparicio.

Having all but given up hope of finding John Buzhardt as an Oriole, I enlisted my son's girlfriend. She is very good with Photoshop and turned a head shot photo of John Buzhardt with the White Sox into a 1967 photo with the Orioles. She took parts of about four different 1967 Orioles team issued player photos and this is the result.

While not actually original, I'm very happy to have finally added John Buzhardt to my collection. Total value to me - priceless....

1967 John Buzhardt photo

Buzhardt, John 1 - Copy.jpg