View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 12:10 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I remember that - my sense was that by eliminating the "no qualifiers" request, they would be proliferating the numbers of cards with qualifiers. Anecdotally it seems to me that that's happened, but maybe some members have tracked that and actually have some data? That would be interesting to see.
Interesting theory, and I concur that absent the countervailing announcement, I agree that we would see more qualifiers, and not fewer.

But if I'm reading it correctly, the impetus behind no longer allowing "no qualifiers" requests was a general shift in the policy around qualifiers, to use them very sparingly. In effect, it was no longer really necessary to request "no qualifiers", because that feature comes standard, more or less.

Although I suppose we can always debate what constitutes "in the best interests of the card" when it comes to when PSA actually does decide to apply a qualifier. As far as I'm aware, cards don't really have best interests. But maybe I just haven't gotten into the game with anthropomorphizing my cards.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 02-14-2023 at 12:11 PM.