View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 10:40 PM
Travis
Tra,vis Tr,ail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidnapped18 View Post
YW!

There were some very strong prices in the auction that closed tonight...there were also some bargains to be had

Hopefully the 3rd party IT preventing shill bidding worked...I will say some cards I bid on/followed went for a whole lot more (more than double) than I anticipated even without BP

I like the extended bidding aspect PWCC built into the auction especially the lot by lot closing...maybe some of the major auction houses will adopt and follow this format
Ya I liked the format as well. Although it definitely cost me tonight in a few auctions. There were a lot of great deals tonight for sure (I saw a $1500 Wander Franco RC go for $185 lol). But the high end vintage stuff I was bidding on, especially well centered, went for a premium. There was a really nice 1954 willie mays SGC 8 that someone stole for $5k. I was planning to bid on that up to about $7500 or so, but it slipped out from under me. I thought I was the high bidder on it, but I guess I wasn't. There were also a few nice cards in BVG slabs that I picked up at good prices. I got a 54 Topps Ted Williams BVG 6 that actually looks like a 6 for about half of what it's worth in a different slab. But I'm probably not going to regrade it. I'm just going to crack it out and put it in my set as an upgrade over the one I have currently.

I have my eye on a lot of basketball auctions for tomorrow. Hoping to score some of those.