View Single Post
Old 10-02-2016, 04:54 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

Hi Luis,

Collecting tickets is a great part of the memorabilia hobby. As you said, the ticket was actually at the event. Plus they are far, far more limited than baseball cards.

To answer your question about proofs and passes, to a true collector they are less valuable than a DATED stub or full ticket. There are those out there who try and get a lot for a pass because they will tell you that it was good for every home game of a certain team, or in the case of a League pass every game in that league. But it is a lazy mans way of filling a spot in his collection. True collectors will always want the dated ticket to a specific game. Proofs are the same. They were not meant for adamission to any game. And as you pointed out a ticket was at the event, and these were not and could not. As a collector I want a ticket that would get me into a specific game.

Ticket collecting is just that, collecting. Most of us pick a genre to collect. I know people who collect all of a players homeruns. Some collect all of a players hits. Others may collect all of his games played! Some people collect all of a teams games from a World Series year. Still others collect certain events like no hitters or hitting for the cycle. Then theres people who collect milestones events like the 500th Homeruns, 3000th hits, 300th wins, 3000th struikeouts. Collecting player debuts has also really taken off. All I can say is that I love the thrill of finding a ticket I need. But I will warn you, at the beginning you will start off quickly gathering tickets and it seems like you will get done pretty fast but it will slow down to a trickle and then it will stop. You have to be very patient if you expect to collect all of a certain them of tickets. I know people who have been at it for more than 25 years and still need a few tickets to complete something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgarza99 View Post
Some beautiful tickets guys! I'm just starting to look at tickets and I see proofs and passes, as well as full and stub tickets. I like the ideal of stubs because they were present in the stadium. I'm sure some events one would have to take what they can get. My question is are proofs and passes considered more desirable then full and stub tickets? Sorry for the beginner question, but thanks for any feedback.

Luis

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 10-02-2016 at 01:22 PM.