Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 06:15 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Really sorry you are going through this. I hope it is speedily resolved at least somewhat to your satisfaction. I have a couple of questions.

1) There is supposed to be a consignment contract when you consign material to an auction house - Reserves if any are written in as part of the contract (the sheets you reference attached and referenced would I believe have a similar binding effect). Do you have this paperwork? If so, I believe you would have significant grounds for a lawsuit. If not, why not?

2) I totally understand (and support) your desire to help out a new business - That accounts for the first auction experience. I am perplexed after the details of your first experience with them why there was a 2nd?

Hi and thank you for the positive wishes, but I doubt they will resolve this matter amicably.

I do have email and text correspondences back and forth detailing the reserves he agreed to place and the understanding from Aaron that I would be perfectly protected. Many of these items were left over from the first auction which we have a written agreement on with respect to reserves......that written agreement on the same items would carry to the second auction.

In respect to your other question, Aaron admitted he screwed up on the first auction with this glitch in the system and promised to make it up to me on the second auction by going the extra mile and giving me a higher return to make up for the losses his error caused me. Perhaps this is a foolish philosophy but I believe everyone deserves a second chance to prove themselves. I've made mistakes in my youth but I have proven myself in my adulthood. He was a startup company and there were bound to be bugs and flaws in his procedures. Perhaps I am too trusting of people and believe there is more good than bad in the world. Maybe not so much a foolish philosophy, but a foolish person I dealt with. I just hope other read my post and decide for themselves if this is someone to do business with.

Thank you.