View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 11:40 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
It is true, as they quite often can look like this (though I am partial to the stamp's appearance despite its flaws, and the fact that this artwork for Killifer is not found in the T205 and T202 sets).

Brian
Interesting point and observation Brian. Though there are obvious similarities, the images shared across the T205 gold border cards, T202 triple folder card end panels, S74-1 and S74-2 white and colored version silks, respectively, and these T330-2 Piedmont art stamps, are not all exactly identical images. Along with the checklists themselves, there were many differences, changes, and variations made to these player images across this extremely diverse and eclectic group of issues they ended up appearing on. I can't think of any other baseball card images used across such a unique group of items/issues, can anyone else? And am I forgetting any other then contemporary sets/issues that these same or similar images appeared on? Keep thinking I'm forgetting something.

Anyway, my point/question is, has anyone ever tried to sit down and document all the differences and variations in the images used across all these different sets? Would be interesting to see how that would turn out.

Also then, from a collecting standpoint we have people who collect back runs of certain players, like with T206 advertising backs or E/F-card player runs across multiple issues, along with things like front runs of all the different colors appearing on the front of a particular player's E98 cards. But I've never seen or heard of anyone who ever did, or even tried, to put together a player run of these same/similar Piedmont art stamp images across all these vastly different sets. And just imagine if someone did try, and even took it a step further, say working on a player's master image run to include all the different advertising backs that could be found on their S74-1 white silks and/or all the different colors their S74-2 colored silks were made with. Could be quite a neat little niche collecting goal for someone.