View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 02:55 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Tuxedoes are pounce hunters. Here's Walter in a typical strike mode:

He likes to stay up high and drop on prey. Not a graceful mover, he thunks around the house. He can open doors and when he bunts (head butts) me with 15# behind it, it feels like a kid's punch.

I misspoke earlier; he's now up to 12 confirmed kills in 18 months.

One night recently Walter came in around 11 and dumped a very much alive rat in our bed! The damn thing ended up trapped behind some cabinetry. Eventually, I closed off all of the ways in and out with steel wool and tried to get to sleep but I couldn't; the damn rat was scratching and clawing at the cabinet from the inside, and it was loud. And Walter was in front of the cabinet waiting for the rat to pop out. Eventually, I got the bright idea to pull the steel wool plug at one end and let it out, hopefully into Walter's waiting claws. I turned off the light and about 20 minutes later I hear a skirmish around the bed. I turned on the light and saw Walter tear-assing after the rat, which ran out under the gap between the floor and bedroom door. I opened the door for Walter, who went after the rat, then closed the door and plugged under it with a towel. I tried to go back to sleep but had a hard time because I could hear Walter all over the house chasing the rat for the next half hour. Eventually I drifted off. When I woke up the next morning Walter led me into the workout room and there was the rat, dead by one of the space heaters. Neck broken nicely.

If our cats were the size of large dogs we'd all be in trouble. Of course, cats the size of large dogs are...pumas.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-24-2022 at 02:57 PM.