View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 07:01 PM
Mike Mullins

I think you're on the right track. You have a big project in front of you, but if you start with a common or two from the edges you'll soon see what you're in for - what kind of glue you're facing, how much they used, how tough the backing paper is, etc. It might be very easy! It also might not...

If it were me, my first objective would be to cut the sheet down to individual cards. The bad news is the cards are glued closely together, so a lot of patience and a steady hand would be needed. The good news is that you only have cards on one side of the sheet, which will make breaking it down much simpler. I took apart a sheet that had cards glued to both sides - much more difficult.

I personally would not try to soak the whole sheet at once - too many cards. Working in blocks of four or so wouldn't be impossible but I'd rather focus on one card at a time.

I have had really good luck by being patient and persistent. I dream about projects like this and wish you luck with yours. Assemble your tools, find a big workspace, and please let us know how it goes.

Mike