View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 10:52 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I respect these two statements a lot and their admission why they don't own guns. You don't have to be a gun owner to practice responsible gun ownership. Sometimes responsible gun ownership is not owning one.
That's where I am. I knew for years I was forgetful and disorganized. The add diagnosis was pretty much just confirmation.

That means I knew for sure I'd be the guy that left it in is pocket, or let it fall into the couch and shot himself in the backside. The easiest way to avoid that is to never own one, so... None owned.

I have friends who target shoot and have hunted, and I grew up in semi rural areas. So I'm comfortable with them as long as the people around me are responsible.

It's more than a little silly for someone living in a suburban area to tell someone living in a rural area they can't have a gun. We don't have much dangerous wildlife here in New England, but I've heard wild hogs, and mountain lions can be very iffy to be around. If I was hiking in areas where either were common, I'd want something, or to at least have a hiking partner who did.