View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 09:57 AM
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCollector1 View Post
My father, in his recent travels has stumbled across a few nice Mick-related oddball type pieces.
I figured you all might like to see these......especially those amongst us that haven't seen these yet. (I hadn't ever seen 2 of these items until a couple days ago)
None of it is "expensive", but if you haven't seen either of these items before, then they might be of interest.

MICKEY MANTLE "His Final Inning" -
This is actually a fold out pamphlet, not a card. These were apparently printed in 1998 for the "American Tract Society", and they were reprinted again in 2012 for "Good News Tracts".
This is basically several pages long, and it gives a brief look over Mantle's career. After a few stats it briefly goes over the length of his career and finally ends with Mantle turning to God/becoming a Christian with the help of longtime friend Bobby Richardson.
It is worth a read, even if you aren't overly religious.
These are widely available too, and you can find them on Ebay around the clock for less than $10.

The gold colored card at the bottom of this picture is a die cut 1997 Scoreboard Mickey Mantle Collection.
The back of the card reads "For Promotional Use Only".
It lists his career '51-'68, and the date he was inducted into the HOF.

The final piece is the most interesting.
It is basically a die-cut oversized card, from the same 1997 Scoreboard GOLD Mickey Mantle.
Its celebrating the 30th anniversary of his 500th career home run.
Like most newer products, this is indeed NUMBERED......... 5784/7000, It can also be found on Ebay, and these go from $10 - $50.

Nothing Earth-shattering here, but I'd never seen a couple of these cards. Plus my Father snagged them for me gives them some sentimental value.
The Mantle "super collectors" might want to check out the "30th anniversary of his 500th home run" card.....if they haven't seen it already
It might not be of tremendous value, but it looks great~!

Years ago, I bought a Mantle card on ebay. I can't remember which one it was now as this was maybe 10 years ago. Wasn't a crazy high grade card or anything, but the seller included a nice hand written note thanking me for buying his card, and he included that "Final Inning" pamphlet. I still have it hanging up on the bulliten board at my desk. It was a nice gesture.