View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Default in love with pre war again!!!!

Posted By: scott

this forum is the best!a month ago i decided to get back into cards and until yesterday purely for investing.i considered graded 1950's.my goal was to make 2 buys a year and thats it.

15 years agoi sold off my pre war and wax pack collection to help with a money pit of a home.now the house is sold ,i'm debt free with funds to buy.

reading over the posts i realize pre war stuff is where its at.nothing against the post war but there is SO much interesting material out there to say the least.i long for the days to again own such cards as i previously had...t206 greenback cobb,mathewson,johnson .,1934 dizzy dean,cochrane etc.among many others.

there is something about holding a card of these greats that goes way beyond $$$.yes $ is a factor there is a magic about it feel lacks in the other cards.

in the next few months i'll start collecting again.i never owned a ruth or gehrig so a lower grade goudey is on my want list.i also love the crackerjack series.but my favorite is the t204 ramly series.pricey but the photography is incredible.reminds me of civil war photos.

anyways i look forward to everyones posts and thanks for rekindling my interest.
scott