View Single Post
Old 02-11-2023, 11:21 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats60 View Post
I do not think that soaking is accepted by the majority of the hobby. Otherwise, those that do it would reveal that their cards were soaked. They keep it secret because they know it is wrong, while trying to convince others it isn't. Does the majority of the hobby accept "conserving" or is it just PWCC's customers?

You can say there are different degrees of altering cards, but they are still all altering cards. It is more like the difference between being a heroin dealer and selling prescription opiates. We can agree that what GWTS is doing is wrong, but that doesn't make other forms of card doctoring ok. GWTS started out as removing wax stains from the back of cards and many accepted it and tried to convince the hobby it was ok too.
I don't think this is true. People openly post about soaking all the time; there are threads here detailing how to do it (you won't find that for alterations that unanimously considered as such). It is not "kept secret" precisely because few seriously object to it.

PWCC's "conservation" arguments are a separate issue; they are trying to make altering okay, that's not an argument that X isn't really altering.

Yes, I can say there are different degrees of alteration because that is obviously true. Soaking as alteration is not a consensus opinion.

I said I don't really disagree that soaking is an alteration, and said already I am not for it and do not it. When did I argue some forms of altering are okay? Can you point me to this?