View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 07:02 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
"G1911" (you could at least give us your first name)

Anyhow, back in the 1980's & 1990's (when there were many collectors working on completing sets), I helped many of them with their various BOWMAN sets.
With respect to the 1953 BOWMAN set, I saw many, many want-lists AND the majority of the cards needed were #113 - 128.

So, you can call it a "myth" (or whatever)....however the empirical data says, you don't know what heck you are talking about.

Personally, I have completed FOUR sets of these 1953 BOWMAN's, and I can attest to the fact that this group of 16 cards (#113 - 128) are tougher than other
cards in this set. Especially cards #121 to 128.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Maybe I don't know "what heck" I'm talking about. What I claim is that I can look at the numbers, and see they do not add up. I'd love to see how what you concede is 'empirical data' is wrong. I'd love to see any actual evidence to back up this myth. Logic tells me that when the data contradicts the anecdotal narrative, there is something wrong with the narrative. I have no emotional tie to one conclusion or the other, I simply look at the data.

Argue on the merit, on the claim and on evidentiary grounds. Argument on appeal to authority or ad hominems have nothing to do with actual truth.