View Single Post
Old 05-20-2022, 08:27 PM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyruscobb View Post
I understand your frustrations. That card does not appear trimmed. However, could you imagine the added grading expenses and turnaround times if the TPGs implemented an appellate process?

Unless the grade is a 10, every Tom, Dick, and Harry would request a second review and claim their card was wrongfully graded. Just go to the b/s/t section and count how many “looks much better” and “under graded” comments you see in the for sell postings.
There is a major difference between varying numeric grades and a finding that a card has been altered. I would expect a second set of eyes--and maybe there was one here--when a card I submit gets an altered finding.

I assume you have only seen the online results. It may be that when you receive the card back in hand the note will state where they believe the trimming occurred. I recall years ago receiving one on a '61 Topps Ford A.S. -- just a handwritten "along top edge". That cannot possibly take much time and effort on the grader's part. For the money they charge, especially when it's tiered upward for more expensive cards, that's the least they can and should do.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.