View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 08:55 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas-guy View Post
Hey guys,

Been out of collecting for quite a few years and was really just a vintage guy. Miss the days of opening packs so thought about maybe buying a box or two. My question is, what is the best manufacture to buy these days and still have a good shot at some auto cards as well as get a decent amount of cards. I see these boxes listed now days with like 8 packs and only 4 cards per pack for 200-300 dollars (holy sh*t) thats just crazy. Is there no boxes anymore where you get like 36 packs with 15-20 cards and still get a chance at some “rare” cards at a decent price?
Not to take anything away from the thrill of opening packs, and this isn't something I normally do, but maybe look into getting involved with one of the many Breaker companies online. They generally seem to get first crack at all the newer, better products out there that are more likely to have higher end memorabilia, autographed, and serial numbered cards. Not sure you'll get a lot of cards, but you will be able to be more selective in choosing a certain team(s) and possibly upping your chances to get those higher end cards. You also don't have to pay for an entire box/case when you do it through a Breaker, just for the team(s) or whatever subgroup the Breaker is selling a particular issue by. So it can actually be a more economical way to get higher end cards you're interested in. Though I don't know for sure, I believe you can find out what kind and quantities of special cards, including sought after rookies, are going to be included in the different issues as they are released. So you can try and focus on getting the rights to those particular teams or groups the Breakers are going to be selling so you can have a better chance of getting the players/teams you actually want.

Now you don't get to actually open the packs yourself, but instead go online to watch someone from the Breaker company open the packs for you. You still get the suspense and thrill of seeing a pack opened, and watching the cards being pulled out to see what you won, as well as what others won from the same box/case. And I understand some of the Breakers can be more entertaining and interactive as well. It isn't for everyone, but that seems to be how the bulk of the new cards are being sold anymore. Good luck.