View Single Post
Old 02-01-2016, 12:18 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I understand that some may just consider type 2 and 4 printing flaws and not a true variant, but since there are multiple copies I consider them variants. Even if those are not considered variants in your book the Yellow and White second base can't be ignored as variants. For the purpose of this thread and those interested I will keep it divided as 4 variants as it may help understand the printing of the cards.

I finally was able to get back to seeing images on cardtarget. They don't seem to have as much info as they use to have. They only had 48 sales recorded. There may be some duplicating as I didn't sort through it all to find that out so I the counts may not be accurate.

I threw out one scan as it was hard to tell as it looks like it had been colored with a marker. So I only have the 47 Cardtarget cards. That isn't a very large sample but it should get us a little more understanding of the break down and by backs.

Type 1 Yellow 2nd no stripe: 29 of 47
Sweet Cap 25 Black
Sweet Cap 42 Black
Honest Long Cut
Piedmont (received in post 20)

Type 2 Yellow base with stripe: 1 of 47
Sweet Cap 42 Black
Sweet Cap 25 Black**

Type 3 White base full detail: 16 of 47
Sovereign
Polar Bear
Piedmont

Type 4 White base lack detail and (yellow triangle on base path): 1 of 47
Piedmont

**The cardtarget site only had the Sweet Cap 42 Black for type 2, but the one I own is Sweet Cap 25 Black as well as there being a 25 noted for sale in my original thread

If you have any more info on any of the front types with the corresponding back please let us know in this thread.

Last edited by bn2cardz; 02-20-2017 at 07:24 AM.