View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 12:13 AM
Dan=iel Enri.ght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcosta19 View Post
Saw this new to ebay today. Will be interested to see sale price but I think the holder looks terrible for this card personally.

J ustin C osta

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Really can't agree that grading standards should be looser, or that's it's smart for CSG to head off on it's own interpretation.
Grading done consistently to the generally agreed upon standards adopted by the big 3 is what the majority of collectors want. It's the consistency that's maddening, leading to the suspicion of purposeful misdoing and froth you seen on this chat board.
No one needs a 1.5 to be a 2.5 because there's a feel good factor over not damning a card with over harsh judgement.
It's fine as a 1.5, the card is still whatever the card is upon visual inspection regardless of the number on the flip.

You want that Mays to be where it is? So where does this Mantle need to be bumped to? (Zero creases/wrinkles).

It's gotta be a 4 right, even though the back has wax stains and spots of paper loss?

So without paper loss and wax stains, what does the card now deserve to be?

You're just opening more cans and finding more worms no-one will be able to navigate or agree upon.

My card's a 2, 2.5 on a great day.

That Mays is a 1.5, at best IMO.

CSG are setting themselves up for lack of credibility, as well as the very worrying possibility some buyers who think the flip number must be an honorable one from a TPG and pay a price they'll never re-sell it for.
CSG should stick to modern and overgrade if anything, much more likely to find a niche that is accepted that way.

Just added this to my collection the other day....may the reign of critical grading and high standards live long.
This 2.5 for the miscut at top and a tiny surface dent.

Last edited by 68Hawk; 03-17-2021 at 12:31 AM.