View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 01:53 PM
Harlan H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
It's impossible to tell on this one, but I've seen other "factory" sets that were done a bit later I believe for HSN or QVC or a similar thing.

But their packaging makes it clear they were manufactured in quantity by someone.
93-4? classic set of some kind in a plain white box with the set name printed on in black then shrink wrapped.

A signature rookies set that was mostly sold at retail. In a card box for delivery, and it includes an autographed card that wasn't issued with the regular boxes.

It might be something like that, or the simple answer, it's just a hand collated set someone shrink wrapped.

If you do open it, check the cards closely for small differences. Some of that sort of thing was done as a special print run, and might be identifiable as different.
I think we're going to open it. My son just wants to see the cards. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't ripping off and throwing away a "valuable" piece of plastic. Right now we can only see the Magic Johnson sticker and the checklist.