View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 01:48 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Pat, I think there's times also where the orange background cards (like yours above) is truly missing a final red printing pass. the rest of your card (face, uniform, etc) do not look soaked or faded due to sun. I think it's missing color. You can tell by seeing that his lips are missing the final red pass. Nice example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
Nice orange T206 card Pat. So many of the 'orange variation' T206 cards have evidence of having been soaked, or back damage, like my Criger. And like yours, all the red color throughout my card is missing, including his face and lips. And I don't think the lack of red is due to exposure to light/sun...cards I have seen that have been exposed to sun (for example, ones with pin or tack holes) show a more uniform fading of all colors.

Just another fun T206 mystery.

Brian
It's possibly missing a red pass but I really don't think so. I've become very skeptical of these type of cards over the years of seeing them and owning some of them. The chemicals and sun have a different effect on different cards. Besides the red to orange the ones effected by chemicals/sun also all tend to have fading in the lips and face while some of the other colors are effected differently notice how the letters on Armbruster's shirt are blacker on the faded example and Beckley and Pickering's eyes are brown instead of blue in the faded examples.

Arbruster 2 - Copy.jpg

Beckley - Copy.jpg

Pickering - Copy.jpg