View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 07:03 PM
Curt

I was thinking about something similar the other day. I truly like a little bit of everything. I can appreciate a T206 as much as a 2023 refractor as much as a 1970s TCMA collector issue. For many years, I would read through catalogs and price guides, putting together checklists of cards that looked and or sounded appealing.

In fact, the regular issue cards tend to be a bit boring and lower priority for me because everyone had them. i liked the odd stuff that was less commonly seen. I am lucky that I got a lot of that stuff when ebay was developing into the site it is today. I can still buy 1968 Topps Nolan Ryan cards until i run out of money, but finding a nice Stahl Meyer or Wilson Franks is a different story.

I guess all this to say that I may sometimes like a cheap collector issue or base Topps card as much as i do a vintage HOF worth $100s-1000s.

In addition, I have completely fallen for signed cards, non-certified got me started, but the pack certified cards that come out each year are my main target these days. I just can't get enough signed cards, certified or otherwise.