View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 09:27 PM
Mike Kendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Counts View Post
It seems like every pin I don't have is worth $500. That last Hakes auction was the final straw for me. Seeing all those pins go straight to eBay for even higher prices took away all the fire I had for chasing after them. I'm going back to collecting something that's fun ... like anything else.

I'm curious, though, it seems like there's about 50 PM10 player pins that are really easy to find, and at least 100 others that are completely impossible to find. Why is this? I'm wondering if the common pins were the ones sold at stadiums, mostly in northeastern cities, and the rare ones are salesman's samples that rarely were sold to the public, mostly in the midwestern cities. There are few common pins from midwestern cities.
You’re right some pins being very hard to find. For instance, the Cleveland Indian PM10 pins like the Mitchell above are very hard to find. They were definitely sold by vendors in Cleveland as I have a photo showing them on a board outside the stadium. I guess they just didn’t make as many of them.
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown