View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 04:12 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Seefeldt View Post
So many of us say we will never sell our collections, or there are certain items we'll "take to the grave". Chances are none of us will actually be buried with our collectibles. And, before our caskets are even in the ground, our family members will be trying to sell everything we've left behind.

Do you want to leave them with more or less $$? Facts are facts and slabbed items get more $.
Aaron,

Not disputing anything you're saying, but as Jay, I and others have mentioned, for some reason graded pins don't seem to bring the bumps in prices you'll see with raw versus graded cards. At least that is my experience. Now that can change in the future of course, but unless you have a truly outstanding pin that looks brand new and will likely grade better than a 7, I'm not sure the cost of grading will really be worth it. Especially for pins that have a little bit of honest wear and tear to them. Even then, I'd pretty much just restrict any grading to the superstar players.

Personally, I've never seen or heard of someone bragging about the Registry ranking of their pin sets/collections, certainly not like many people do for their card sets/collections. And let's face it, the Registry is a big contributing factor to why the pricing of some TPG graded cards is so much higher than for raw versions of those same cards. Just doesn't seem to be the same overall Registry influence pushing up graded pin prices.