View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 07:35 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord View Post
Greetings and Happy Holidays to all. I was wondering if anyone ever submitted a card to SGC for grading and it came back evidence of trimming? This particular card was a 1914 Crackerjack. Then you sent the card back in to SGC and it graded? Just curious since we all know grading is not a science and is subjective to the graders skills and how he interprets the criteria.
Thank You
I've never had that happen, but I had the opposite happen. I had a '59 Drysdale that I bought on eBay as an SGC 84. When I got it in hand, the card looked absolutely MINT. I cracked it out of the case to better inspect it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. I re-submitted it to SGC and it came back EOT. Submitted is a second time, same result. I'm pretty good at detecting a trim job and I just don't see if it's there. Thats not to say that it couldn't be trimmed but, if it is, then why did SGC give it a numerical grade the first time? Given that experience and what I saw with the '34 Goudey here on the boards and SGC's empty promises over the last couple of years, my faith in SGC has decreased greatly.