View Single Post
Old 05-07-2024, 10:49 AM
Emlily Ell.is

2nd high end mail day in a row. I could get used to these types of mail days, lol. But I realize I won't get them every day or even every week. Heck, I may not get mail days like this but a couple of times a year. Got this one for next to nothing. Long story, short version.

I've done a couple of deals with a guy about 2 hours away that lived probably 30 minutes from where I moved from. Anyway, I sold him probably 1,200 Rangers cards over the past 3 weeks. Older guys like Palmiero, Jeff Frye, Pete O'Brien, the nickel/dime type stuff. Probably 200 different Palmiero cards.

Anyway, he reaches out and says he has a card he wants to move and would make me a deal on it since I had given him a good deal and been easy to work with on 3 previous transactions (2 in the last 3 weeks and one in December that had 160 IP/TTM Rangers autos).

He shows me this card. I ask what he wants, and he lets me know. The amount he was asking was only $25 more than the cards I had sold him in the past 3 weeks. So, I basically paid $25 for this card. Well, it came in the mail today.

I plan on subbing it to SGC at the Allen show next week to get it slabbed. Not sure what I'll do with it then. But a dang Joe D auto. How cool is that? I wasn't sure where to post it since it's technically a 1992 card of a guy that played in the 30s-40s.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.