View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 11:35 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

(Copied from OBC report)
Doug DeJong arrived bright and early this AM from his drive in from NC and joined Spike, Taylor, and me as we enjoyed the free breakfast at our hotel. Off to the show!
As soon as I entered I went right to the line for the free autograph Rico Petrocelli and only had to wait fifteen minutes.
Then I hustled back to Net54 member Taxmechanick (Glenn) table. Yesterday I bought a slabbed 1887 Gold Coin N284 card of Bushong. Today I bought a slabbed 1888 Scrapps tobacco card of Bushong so excited to get these cards.
I spent most of the day shopping for bargains. My new dealer friend in the back of the room said any Donruss Odd Rod I wanted for $3, so I bought 2 hits to one of the later issues I needed, then 16 duplicates of the tough to find originals from 1969.
Time to get serious with my 1960 Leaf baseball. Way on the other side of the show floor, picked up 14 high numbers most were $7 some were a bit more.
Picked up some random non sports hits, then back to the autograph area and got Steve Trachsel free no line. Forgot about his wife swapping scandal until Spike just reminded me. That might have been an interesting personalization lol!
Bought seven hits 1966 Topps Superman cards the ones that only have the copyright line on the back.
I found a stack of Bond Bread baseball cards eleven different paid $20 I'm like 90% sure these are legit plus the dealer told me they were lol!
Back to my new dealer friend in the corner I picked up a 1985 Topps WWF set of 66 cards 22 stickers I looked on eBay and I think $40 was an ok price Weird I know.
Next got Gary Beaman free autograph he beat out OJ for the Heisman Trophy in 1967. We shut off the lights as we left the show.
We attended the Net 54 dinner thank you very much Leon! Enjoyed the food and I enjoyed one bottled water and a Diet Coke as I am the designated driver cause I don't drink lol!
The speakers were all really great Brian Drent from Mile High told some good stories on acquiring all that unopened wax.
Al Crisafulli educated me on what Lina Blackburn has done for baseball.
Finally thanks to the last speaker Brian who investigates fraud in the collectibles market he is an FBI Special Agent.
I still have cash and a PayPal balance I'm ready for Saturday!
Larry

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone