View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 12:37 PM
dA.N CH@SE

With prices right now, I am just being patient and buying when opportunities arise. Graded vintage is ridiculous right now, with so many flippers and new people trying to buy right now. I was working on a Hank Aaron base run and a 1951 Topps Blue/Red Back set. However, it is getting tough to find the cards for a decent price. I also see an increase of people getting these cards graded and asking for a fortune for them, even with lower grades. I don't want graded Red/Blue Backs and will not pay a premium for them in a slab.

Recently I have started to get modern on-card autos of HOF's to go along with my HOF rookie cards. For non-desirable HOF players, I have gotten a lot of them for $15 and under. Players like Jim Rice, Walt Frazier, Bob McAdoo, etc... I think they pair well with my rookie cards and vintage. My rules for the auto is it needs to be on card, nice signature, in their uniform, and references the main team they played for.

I wanted to collect more T206 and 1933 Goudey cards, but the pricing seems a little high right now for them. I am patient though and will buy if the price is right.