View Single Post
Old 11-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Joe Hunter

Default November Pickups

Went to a local antique show and an antique mall today and came away with some interesting items. The first is the back of a salesman's sample page with pictures of Jim Thorp, Ty Cobb, Hal Chase, Joe Wood, John McGraw, Tris Speaker and Herzog. I have included a shot of the sample page in which someone had glued some pictures of womens fashion of the day. The piece measures about 16x20 and is on heavy stock. I also have another one of these which pictures generic golfers.
The next item is a Goldsmith baseball catalog for spring and summer, 1911. It contains images of Wagner, Mathewson, Chase, Lajoie and others. The catalog contains mostly baseball supplies and equipment, but some football, track, and college pennants.
The third item is a pair of vintage football hip pads. I do not know the years these were used, but they appear to be old. The manufacturer's label is gone, but they appear high quality.
The last item is a 1951 Chicago Cubs Anniversary pennant. It is not in great shape, but it is the first one of these I've seen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1375.jpg (68.1 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1376.jpg (75.3 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1380.jpg (76.2 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1378.jpg (75.0 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1381.jpg (81.7 KB, 183 views)