Thread: World Cup
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 03:57 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementeFanOh View Post
Peter- again, my joy is for Argentina. Mbappe converted penalties for 2/3 of his hat trick and was INVISIBLE for 70 minutes. Great for him I suppose, but I prefer earned hat tricks. Trent King
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Of course but it's still a great feat under that kind of pressure. Several of Messi's tournament goals were also penalties. Anyhow, we agree on Argentina and I am glad for Messi.
I made a comment to my wife that I had only seen one picture of Mbappe on TV before the first penalty kick. His second goal 2 or 3 minutes later was bitter to watch. But I knew that he was electric.

Let's not forget that the Argentine goalie was the silent MVP the last two games by blocking multiple shootout kicks. Mbappe might have gotten "easy" points, but he earned them both. That goalie narrowly missed blocking his first PK, and narrowly missed his shootout goal with a solid hand on the ball.

As my wife said rooting for Argentina - "Dale!!! Dale!!!"

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 12-18-2022 at 03:59 PM.