View Single Post
Old 12-10-2022, 01:01 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
He has a BUNCH of 1980 Topps cards with no names that I am very skeptical of. I can't think of any logical reason why all of those cards would be printed without names when the same ink is not missing from the rest of the card. I might be opening myself up to a libel case but I suspect that someone either removed the names with an eraser or used chemicals to remove the names. Here are scans of a few of them.
Looked through those 1980s no name cards last night, have one word for them: ALTERED

The Rice is the most obvious one, Rice's missing name should be in red ink, so if the red ink was missing from the top edge of the card, then the position banner just to the left of the name would not be purple but would be blue. Also the red is present in the "All-Star" banner just below. Highly unlikely the red run was missed side to side AND up and down effecting just the area where the name is. Spread this across so many of these 1980 cards, they are clearly altered...my guess by sun light. I'll add a red letter 1980 card to my window.