View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

In the second picture, the bottom two signatures are Howie Bedell and Cal Emery, respectively. They never really crossed paths during their minor league careers. Also, Larry Christenson is quite apparent in fourth picture, and he came along about a decade after Bedell and Emery. It's possible this was some type of reunion ball? Bringing back alumni is a common promotion for many minor league teams. There's also a chance these signatures were added over the course of some years, which would explain the different pens used (I count at least 4 different types of ink) throughout.

Others I believe I've ID'd on the ball:

Second pic, top signature - Larry Rojas

Third pic, bottom three are Elmer Valo, Mel Roberts and Paul "Pope" Owens. Above Valo, it almost looks like Billy Jorges, although I'm having a hard time convincing myself that's a "J" and not an "S."

Fourth pic, below Christenson is Pete Cera. He was a longtime clubbie for the Phillies, here's an article about him following his passing:
http://articles.philly.com/2004-02-2...ucchesi-minors

The signature below Cera appears to read "Ted Zipeta" and judging from the letter formation I would guess he was a batboy or some other ancillary clubhouse person.

The signature in red on the sweet spot may be Frank Lucchesi, a longtime minor league manager in the Phillies organization.

Last edited by dgo71; 08-31-2016 at 01:43 PM.