View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 08:50 PM
Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
As some of you may know, I collect Giants memorabilia...pennants, nodders, figurals, paper, pins, etc. Currently, pins may be my favorites as I am 99% complete on nodders and the few pennants I am after are either non-existent or out of my budget. I probably have 900 Giants pins and I can go months without seeing one I "need." I was thrilled to find three new ones, all last week. 3", 1.75" and 1.5". I'm curious what Al has to say about the Mays. The image was used for the Dexter Press premiums 1967-68 and the Transogram cards 1969-70. I would call the pin a vintage bootleg...it's not part of any set I know of but I think it dates to around 1970 and I've seen it before.
Hi Rob,
Well as you know I would like to see the back of the pin also as it tells me alot, but on alot of those pins I wouldnt use the word vintage. Bootleg,fantasy, or just a one or few offs. As we have seen many pins are taken from Baseball card fronts and people with pin making machines have cranked these out lately like crazy....Now as a collector like yourself a nice image mays pin is great for your collection as for a value 3-5 dollars? And that would probably be the value for the rest of its life.....A collector pin with very minimal value... But we all colect what we love and if thats your thing that just fine! enjoy them!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..