View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Default An Analysis of the Yorktown Heights T 206 PSA 8 E-Bay Auction

Posted By: barrysloate

There are many ways to look at this phenomenon, and let me posit one: If I am not mistaken, one of the PSA-8 on Bruce's list was Lattimore, and if memory is correct it sold for $7700. I looked at it on ebay and I will not deny that it is a very sharp looking card. Now let's say I too wanted a Lattimore but only had $50 to spend. I could probably get a nice VG-EX that would have no creases and a bit of softness at the four corners. Using this example, it would cost me an extra $7650 to get the same exact card with the corners squared. Call me naive, but gentlemen, you sure aren't getting very much for your money. I know, I know, some collectors will settle for nothing less than best...but other than the fact that there will be some other guy who will probably pay more for it six months down the road because he too won't settle for anything less than the best, are you really getting your money's worth? I won't even go into the fact that Lattimore is among the most boring players in the T206 set.