View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 08:14 AM
Administrator

Default Picture Sharing - WRONG FORUM - GET OUT

Posted By: mike

YOU:
I tried moving this thread so that we would not have to look at these cards we canm go buy at the grocery store

ME:
To the entire forum that,
I promise, I won't talk any more about "post-war" cards, and I apologize for starting this thread. It was wrong. I do collect both, and do wish to remain a member of the forum as I acknowledge the wealth of information here.

That being said, I would like to at least close this thread being accepted as one who collect rare cards, both "PAST AND PRESENT". Lee, your statement above is a little unfair....I could "BET" that you would see at least 100 T206 Ty Cobbs on ebay before you see another graded 92 Little Sun auto of Jeter. I am sorry that I collect BOTH past and present "rare" cards, whereas many of you ONLY collect past cards. And to the one that made the remark about the CHipper Jones, I don't know if you were being a "smart alec" or serious about it being unique. But only 5000 of these were printed (gold embossed with a desert shield)and given to sailors during Desert Shield on ships, and most cards didn't make it back, or were mishandled by sailors where they are not gradeable. I know, because I was one of those sailors off the Coast of Beirut during that war.

Again, my apologies...I will not mention post-war cards on this forum again.

Sincerely,

MIKE (AKA YOUME)