View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 02:44 AM
Michael Fried

Default 1935-36 Ted Norbert (Seals) Zeenuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliesphan View Post
Here's another one to add to your list.

While he never made it to the proverbial Big Show, Norbert was a legend of sorts in PCL. A rather obvious HOF'er in the PCL Hall of Fame, Ted amassed nearly 2,500 hits during his career, and was an all around offensive powerhouse. Consistently a .300+ hitter, he also had power behind his swing. Nonetheless, one of his major claims to fame during his storied career is that he was traded (along with some cash and a few others) for Joe DiMaggio. Joe D!

In addition to all of the above, from a personal collecting standpoint, this is one of the nicest tabbed Zee's that I've got in my collection, and I feel so fortunate to be sharing with y'all and adding to this data archive
Your 1935 Ted Norbert card is one of the finest Zeenut cards I've seen with a coupon. I guess we are all fortunate he was traded for Joe D. DiMaggio Zeenuts abound. 1935 Norbert cards are virtually unknown with a coupon. Sorry, the scan below of your card got distorted when I made the card the same size of the others. Even so, since we have a scan of Norbert's 1936 card, we can see the difference between the two years. Your 1935 card has a larger, more cropped pose of Norbert (with his foot almost touching the bottom of the picture), while the 1936 version shows lots of space between his foot and the bottom of the picture.

We'll clean up the picture. Again, thanks,

Mike