View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 07:00 PM
Michael Fried

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsst206 View Post
here are a few more
Your scans are just great, a lot better than most auction houses. And the kicker is four 1933 black & whites with coupons that expire April 1st 1934.

They didn't print just a couple of cards on a sheet, so there must be many more 1933 Black & White's with April 1st 1934 expiry dates. But where are they?

I think we have to consider the 1933 Zeenut "Sepia" cards as part of the set. Those are obviously distinguishable without a coupon. The 1933 Black & Whites are out there, but back then the coupons probably went for a lot candy.

1933 was the 20th anniversary of Zeenuts using coupons on cards (first issue with coupons was the 1913 series). I wonder what type of promotions Zeenuts had at the time. A lot of coupons sure were torn off.

I am going to put out a more simplified list showing only those cards with coupons we already have scans of (and will update it regularly). That way, anyone with a couponed card not on the list could post a scan.

I think I should include the 1933 sepia cards, as well as the 1937-38 cards with coupons that expire Oct 30th 1937. What do you think?

Mike